Sunday, April 12, 2015

They picked us?! Pound the Pavement for Parenthood

SOMETHING HUGE JUST HAPPENED!


We have this amazing friend, who is also our family photographer down in St. George. When we got our pictures done last August she told us about this non-profit organization she is in love with called Pound the Pavement for Parenthood. She told me how they sponsor these couples to help them raise money for fertility treatments like invetro. The way that they raise the money and awareness is by throwing together a 5k race, the proceeds go toward the couples medical costs. What an amazing thing! She strongly encouraged us to get involved. 
Sometime in March I was looking into them again and found they were accepting applications for 2015 sponsored couples. I sent in a letter and filled out the application right before the deadline and haven't thought much about. 
THEN YESTERDAY ... I'm working at an event and get a phone call from a number I don't know. Usually I don't answer numbers I don't know, especially when I'm busy but I did anyhow. THANK GOODNESS! Shellee introduced herself and asked if now would be a good time to have a phone interview with someone else from the board. We talked about our experience with adoption so far and how passionate we have quickly become. 
Once I got off the phone, I knew we were chosen. Obviously I didn't know know, she said they'd call me back later. But inside I knew. I even told Jeff. I told him how amazing it is that we've been put in this situation where we can actually help people like us. We have an opportunity to help share what we have learned and play a small part in the adoption community. 

OUR GOAL: Make this the biggest event this organization has ever had! 

Last year they had 561 registered runners, I would LOVE to see that number doubled. With the support we have received through you all, I don't know why we shouldn't be able to. 
(Don't make me look like a fool and have a flop of an event people ... do something good)

HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP

1) Register for the 5k or 1 mile fun run
at this link: 


2) Get a friend to register too! (We're all better with a walking buddy)


3) SHARE THIS MESSAGE by posting this link on your Facebook or Instagram:



4) If you feel like you still haven't done enough...
feel free to donate $1 or more to a specific couple
(obviously if you're reading our blog, you probably want to donate to us -- wink wink)

We love you for helping us make this cause something great, not only for us and the other sponsored couples of 2015, but for making Pound the Pavement for Parenthood a bigger cause that will help so many more families to come!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say you guys are like the most good-looking couple?! I hope things are going well for you guys :) Your blog is darling- you have a gift!

    ReplyDelete