Friday, July 1, 2011

Family History

So the last year or so I have been really interested in family history. When we went to Arizona this summer Aunt Lori brought out started talking about it and said that Grandpa Rose (my great-gpa ) gave her all this family history stuff. This HUGE family tree is the most incredible thing! It is as recent as my mom's generation and goes back to the Mayflower! This is all on the Rose side, which is my mom's dad's side. I have slowly but surely been trying to enter all this information into Ancestry.com so that hopefully it can help other families find the missing pieces in their own family tree. The one I am holding up in the picture is a replica of the original. It was kind of hectic trying to get it copied because everyone I went to was so scared that it would rip when they scanned it. But we did get it scanned onto a file so if any family wants a copy of the file just let me know! (It is too big a file to be emailed but we can always put it on a disc or flash drive. )
There were some other really neat family stories from the Pioneer days, some super old letters and also some REALLY old newspaper clippings. I mostly have it all scanned in now thank goodness! So if anything happens to it we have backup. It takes a lot of time to do family history work, but man is it fun to learn about your ancestors and the lives they lived! Makes me want to keep a good journal to pass down. I should work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment