Saturday, October 15, 2011

Starting out October...

So we have been really bad at blogging lately and there is so much to catch up on but it would take forever to get it all on here so I'll just put the best parts of this month so far! Conference weekend was amazing! Jeff was planning on going up north for a meeting and then was going to head to the BYU game with the fam, but we just hate being apart! So he, like he always does because he's the cutest husband ever, surprised me with a phone call at work on Friday and said that I was going toO! We got an extra ticket so I could go to the game...WHICH WAS SO GOOD BTW!!!! It was the one where they  finally took Heaps out, which changed the game around completely and they come back to win right at the end!!! It was so much fun and I think I am getting the hang of this sports stuff! Football is my fave to watch, which it's always been OK to watch, but now that Jeff is teaching me all the rules it is way more fun! Then we got to spend the night with The Luke's and play with baby Chloe who is just a doll!



I love that whenever you get turned around downtown in Salt Lake all you have to do is look for the temple and you know where to go! (I'm sure there are other ways too, but that's what I always do)
The parking lot filled up so quick, it was like we parked and there were no cars, then all of a sudden we get out and its full! It was so weird. 


So the Saturday morning session is the one we got to see and it was so awesome! I usually just can not stay awake during conference. I try, really hard even, but it just is so hard! Knowing this I tried really hard to be prepared and focus on the lessons being taught in talks could apply to my life. It was crazy the difference having in my experience for Conference this time because of this preparation. I felt like every talk was so personal to my life right now, one way or another. Even if it didn't answer questions about me specifically, I would feel like I was getting answers about my worries for people that I care about 
When the session started President Monson wasn't there, which seemed to make everyone kind of nervous, probably because of all the extra security they seem to have added to the conference center. When he did come in I thought he looked extra rested and healthy! I guess he fooled me, because through the grapevine I was told that because his wife has been so ill and is not at home, President Monson is having a really hard time getting rest and has been having some health problems himself. The sleep deprivation is not helping his health, but he just has so much of God's work to do that he won't take time to rest. Our prayers go out for The Monson Family and all the other wonderful Church leaders, who sacrifice so much time and are so dedicated in building up God's Kingdom. 

I am super excited about the new temples they announced also. There was a cute little lady sitting in front of us who had a translation head set on the whole session. When Pres. Monson announced a temple being built in her country she got so gitty and excited, she was just hugging everyone next to her! It was so neat to hear about all of the new temples, but it was extra touching to see a member from a foreign country find out that there will be a temple near her. Oh I love the temple! I am so spoiled to live two minutes away from one, when there are sweet Saints like this little old lady who only dream of the day there will be one close enough for her to go. It is a real testimony builder to witness the global growth of Christ's true Church. It just means that many more people are being blessed with happiness in their lives!

If you have questions about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints you can visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment